#87 - Kurotto

It's been well over a year since Kurotto Kingdom took place. Some of the puzzles in that contest are some of my proudest work, but I've also been suffering from writer's block when it comes to the genre ever since. I've managed to write maybe 3 or 4 kurotto puzzles since the contest, but have at least twice as many failed attempts. 

This puzzle is the result of trying to turn a deduction that recently came to mind into a working puzzle. It still took 3 days and 5 iterations to get from starting idea to a finished puzzle that I was happy with. Hopefully the effort I put into it shows!

Difficulty: 3/5

(rules from Puzzle Rules)
Shade some cells so that clues represent the total size of the orthogonally connected areas of shaded cells that share an edge with the clue. Clued cells cannot be shaded.

Play on puzz.link


Comments

  1. Great puzz!
    >a deduction that recently came to mind
    Could you elaborate on that?

    Do you mean the reasoning aboutwhy the central cell has to be empty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Sorry, I tried to use spoiler tags, but they don't seem to work here lol)

      Delete
    2. Thanks!

      Correct - I tried to construct the puzzle such that it resolves gradually from only getting that seemingly meaningless cell, which was challenging to do :) As for spoilers - I generally use ROT13 when putting spoilers on here

      Delete

Post a Comment