#60 - Dominion / Norinori Hybrid

   I was setting Dominion earlier today and thought it might be interesting to combine with Norinori. It's not a new concept - I found mention of the idea over a year ago (but couldn't actually find any puzzles). 

The puzzle came out a bit easy and silly, but fun enough. One genre is definitely much more powerful than the other - even more so because of the theme I went with. Maybe I'll explore the combination some more at a later stage.

Difficulty: 2/5

Base rules from Puzzle Rules

Shade some dominoes of cells to divide the grid into unshaded areas. Every region contains exactly two shaded cells. Shaded dominoes may not touch orthogonally. 

Clues cannot be shaded, and each orthogonally connected area of unshaded cells contains exactly one type of clue, and all instances of it.

Play on penpa



Comments

  1. >Maybe I'll explore the combination some more at a later stage.

    Please do! I enjoyed this very much. I feel the key deduction (besides the break-in of course) was realising that r6c9 had to be unshaded because the Rs wouldn't have been able to connect otherwise.
    From that point the puzzle flowed beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you enjoyed it! The step you mentioned was definitely intended to be one of the deductions :)

      Delete

Post a Comment