#65 - IPC 2022 Puzzle Collection

Like ìn 2021, I was invited to write puzzles for the Indian Puzzle Championship again this year. This was a great experience last year and writing for 'official sources' such as the IPC and Pulze continues to be one of my favorite parts of puzzle setting, so naturally I jumped at the opportunity. This year I supplied 6 puzzles, which can be found in this post, in order of appearance throughout the rounds.

This post only contains the puzzles I wrote for the contest. Unlike last year, when IPC took place online, the full sets aren't available for free, but instead can be obtained for a small price which helps LMI cover the costs incurred to organize the live event and continue to organize them in the future. 

The full set contains all the puzzle rounds, each of which are stacked with high quality puzzles by fantastic authors, as well as bonus content like the PR Playoff puzzles and a giant interconnected puzzle gift. If you are able to, I highly recommend purchasing the full set - the return you get is more than worth it and you'll be supporting LMI while you're at it. Check out this post over on LMI for more information on how to get the rest of the IPC 2022 content.


Rules are included in the Penpa links, otherwise please refer to Puzzle Rules.

#1 - Sashigane - Round 1 - 65/550 points - Play on Penpa

This was a last-minute addition to the round to balance it out more. It turned out one of my favorite puzzles. I was really happy with getting the theme to work out without sacrificing any difficulty.



#2 - Doppelblock - Round 1 - 30/550 points - Play on Penpa

A bit of an easier puzzle. It features some fun break-in logic transitioning into a smooth rest of the solve.


#3 - Heterocut - Round 1 - 30/550 points - Play on Penpa

My first experience writing Heterocut. I enjoyed exploring the genre and think this puzzle came out quite nicely.


#4 - Dominion - Round 2 - 40/600 points - Play on Penpa

I wrote many different versions of this puzzle, mostly all with a 'cleaner' theme in the bottom half and standard dimensions, but found they all were rather unenjoyable to solve compared to this version.  



#5 - Rassi Silai - Round 3 - 40/450 points - Play on Penpa

Rassi Silai is a genre that to me, ever since the daily contest, feels pretty explored in terms of what it has to offer. I'm still happy with how this came out though, as it focuses on a deduction that doesn't come up all that often.



#6 - Voxas - Round 3 - 60/450 points - Play on Penpa

The highest pointer of the round and probably the puzzle I'm happiest with. Like Rassi Silai, Voxas also seems fairly explored since its daily contest, but I feel like this puzzle manages to showcase some rather unusual logic, even if it's hidden quite well at times. 

Comments