#53 - 500th puzzle - Birthday Loop Mashup

   Happy birthday and happy 500 puzzles to me! Here's a loop mashup to celebrate.

I kind of made things very difficult for myself with the PGP R4 mock puzzle set I made last weekend. While updating my spreadsheet with all my puzzles afterwards, I noticed I was extremely close to 500 puzzles set. What's more, it's also my birthday today and I turn 27, which also happens to be my favorite number. Too many milestones and reasons for celebration, meaning I couldn't really pass up the opportunity to set something for it. 

The problem, however: I only noticed this last Wednesday, and I was to leave for Spain on Friday, where I currently am to enjoy a long overdue holiday. I had to be on standby for work on Thursday and do the usual holiday preparations, so there really wasn't much time to set a puzzle. 

Luckily I still managed to find a few focus hours and came up with this puzzle which I'm decently happy with. No doubt in my mind that if I had more time, I would've managed to get a cleaner execution of the theme, but overall I think this is the best I could do in the small amount of time I had available.

That said, I hope the puzzle is enjoyable! Since time was of the essence, getting the puzzle tested in time was too - many thanks to Freddie and Prasanna for finding the time to do so, and helping me identify and correct a crucial oversight.

Difficulty: 3/5

Rules: See this document

To play the puzzle in penpa, go to the penpa website, press the Load button in the top of your screen and paste the URL found here (alternative link)

(Click the Image for a full-size image)




Comments