#50 - 2x Equality

Two classic Equality puzzles, one a fair bit more difficult than the other. I started playing around with this genre following a speedset we had in the discord themed around genres containing the letter Q on grids shaped like a Q (bonus points if you can guess who hosted it). I chose to set Equality for it, despite never having solved or set one before. I really liked the genre from the little experience it gave me, so I was very eager to take another look, resulting in these two puzzles. They're not the prettiest grids (mostly a result of, in my experience, symmetrical grids leading to very repetitive logic) but I'm quite happy with the logic they have hidden inside them.

Difficulty: 2.5/5 for the first, 3.5/5 for the second

(rules from Puzzle Rules)
Draw a non-intersecting loop through the centers of some cells which passes through each region at least twice. Every visit to a particular region must occupy an equal number of cells. A clue in a region indicates the number of cells which are not visited by the loop.

Play on penpa (Puzzle 1) - https://tinyurl.com/yc7yr55l

Play on penpa (Puzzle 2) - https://tinyurl.com/y8u4a7sn





Comments