#45 - Two variant Rassi Silai puzzles

I've been playing around with various constraints to add on to Rassi Silai, in light of the Rassi Silai contest happening on LMI right now. These are two variants that I think combine well with the genre. Setting the Skyscraper one gave me a particularly hard time. I'm not sure if I was just a bit out of it or if it's actually hard to construct a decent puzzle using this mechanic, but in the end I managed to set something I was happy with. 

Difficulty: 2.5/5 for both

Rules (classic rules from Puzzle Rules)
Within each region, draw a non-intersecting path through the centers of all cells. No two cells in the grid containing endpoints of paths may be touching one another, not even diagonally.

For Icebarn: A path cannot turn on an ice cell, can cross itself on an ice cell and must visit all ice cells in its region. Ice cells cannot be endpoints.

For Skyscraper: N
umbers outside the grid show the number of separate path segments visible in that direction. A segment of length N in a given direction is taken as a building of height N. Buildings of height N block the view of all buildings behind them of equal or lesser height. Note that endpoints do not count towards Skyscraper clues (Example: https://i.imgur.com/WT3cxhE.png)

Play on penpa (Icebarn): https://tinyurl.com/ydz2ljfu
Play on penpa (Skyscraper): https://tinyurl.com/yaftgort




Comments

  1. Can it stop on ice fir the 1st puzzle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, they can not. Valid question though, I've added it onto the rules.

      Delete

Post a Comment