#35 - Tapa / LITS - My 300th puzzle!

   A hybrid Tapa / LITS puzzle

When updating my spreadsheet with all my puzzles yesterday, I noticed I was at exactly 299 puzzles set. Another milestone about to be reached. Not wanting to pass up the opportunity to do something for it, and having some free time, I naturally spent the rest of the day working on something a bit larger and celebratory. 

To reflect, that's about 250 puzzles created in 2021, so far. Around 5 every week. 62 unique genres and 6 giants. Those are numbers I am extremely happy with and hope I can get to keep up into the new year. 

Difficulty: 3/5
(rules from Puzzle Rules)

Normal Tapa and LITS rules apply. Clues cannot be shaded.

Tapa: Shade some cells so that all shaded cells form one orthogonally connected area. Clues cannot be shaded, and represent the lengths of the blocks of consecutive shaded cells in the (up to) eight cells surrounding the clue. No 2x2 region may be entirely shaded.

LITS: Shade one tetromino of cells in each region so that all shaded cells form one orthogonally connected area. Two tetrominoes of the same shape may not share a bold border, counting rotations and reflections as the same. No 2x2 region may be entirely shaded.

Solve on penpa



(full size image for printing here)





Comments

Post a Comment